Seal of Dublin Borough
119 Maple Avenue
Dublin, Pa 18917
follow us on facebook
visit us on twitter
email us

Building & Zoning - FAQs

Do you need a permit for the removal of a underground oil tank?

A permit is required for the removal of an underground oil tank. An environmental evaluation report verifying that any contamination was cleaned up is also required.

Am I allowed to have chickens on my property?

A zoning permit is required to have chickens, along with a $200 fee and you must meet the requirements of that use, which can be located at

Is approval from the Bucks County Conservation District required for Demolition permits?

Demolition of any building should have erosion and sedimentation (E&S) control plan approved by the Bucks County Conservation District prior to the start of work.

If the building footprint is being excavated, that is earth disturbance and would require an E&S plan approval prior to the start of work.

PA Code requires that E&S Best Management Practices (perimeter controls such as silt fence/compost sock, stabilization with straw mulch, etc.) be implemented for projects involving earth disturbance, no matter what size. It will prevent dirty water from leaving the site.

E&S plan is not required if the scope of work that involves strictly above-grade demolition on stable surfaces (paved or stone subbase), because there is no earth disturbance (excavation of soil/fill, grading etc.) involved.

E&S plan is required for any project with more than 5,000 square feet of earth disturbance. Most Municipalities have adopted municipal ordinances that set the threshold at 1,000 square feet, there is a variation in exactly what threshold is set.

E&S plan must be submitted for any project where there is potential for a sediment pollution issue.

follow the link:

What is required to sell your property?

A sewer lateral inspection must be completed and the application and corresponding video must be submitted to the Borough at least 2 weeks prior to settlement. Additionally, a utility certification needs to be requested from the Borough and this is usually completed by the Title Insurance Company.

Do I need a permit to replace shingles on my property?

A building permit is not required for replacement of shingles on Residential properties unless you are replacing the plywood, however a building permit is required for all commercial properties.

Do I need a permit to replace my sidewalk, curb or driveway arpon?

Yes, a road opening permit is required.

Do I need a permit to install a shed on my property?

A zoning permit is required for all sheds. A building permit is required for any shed that exceeds 500 square feet or if there is electric or plumbing within the shed.

What Accessory Structures Require Permits?

Any structure that meets the zoning definition for an accessory structure (i.e. Shed, detached garage, fence, pool, etc.) requires a zoning permit and might require a building permit.

If I am doing electrical work do I need a permit?

Yes, all electrical work requires a building permit from the Borough.

Do I need a permit to put up a sign?

Most permanent and temporary signs do require a permit from the Borough, however there are some exceptions. Here is the link to our sign ordinance that provides additional information on what requires a permit.
You can also contact the manager for additional information as well.

Is a permit required to replace windows and/or siding?

If you are just replacing your siding and windows then a permit is not required. However, if you are enlarging any windows or adding any addcitional windows a building permit is required.

Do I need a permit to open a business in Dublin Borough?

A new business permit application is required before opening a business in the Borough.

Can you start work before a permit is issued?

No, under state law, a permit must be issued and paid for prior to beginning work.

How much does a permit cost?

To view our Fee Schedule:

How long does the permit process take?

Building permits usually take 15 business days for a residential property and 30 business days for a commercial property. For a zoning permit, assuming the use is permitted, will generally take no longer than 1-2 weeks. However, if a conditional use or a variance is needed, the time frame will be significantly longer to allow for the approporiate hearings to take place.

Who can apply and pay for a permit?

Anyone can apply for a permit with the property owners permission.

Is a use an occupancy required for resale or lease?

A use and occupancy is required for commercial uses and for residential new construction only. The Borough does not require use and occupancy inspections for residential re-sale.

What are the requirements of a site plan?

A site plan must accompany all zoning permit applications. The plan must show the set backs from the property lines to the new construction and provide the square footage of each item on the lot for impervious calculations.

view in Dublin Borough
© 2018 Dublin Borough, 119 Maple Avenue / Dublin, Pa 18917 / 215-249-3310