Seal of Dublin Borough
119 Maple Avenue
Dublin, Pa 18917
follow us on facebook
visit us on twitter
email us

Police - FAQs

Dublin Borough What number should I use to call Police?
For all police emergencies, dial 9-1-1
The 9-1-1 dispatchers are in radio contact with the patrol officers and will dispatch them to the location of your emergency.

If at any time you need a police officer to respond, but you do not feel it is an emergency, please dial the non-emergency number at the dispatch center. The number is 215-328-8501. The dispatchers will contact the patrol officer and dispatch them to your location as soon as possible.

If you need to speak to an officer please feel free to contact our police headquarters at 215-249-0272.

How Do I Obtain A Copy Of A Police Report?
Police reports can be requested from the police department Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM or by mail. There is a report fee which can be paid using cash, check, or money order. Incident Reports are $.25 per page. Accident reports are $15.00.

Anyone requesting a police report must complete a Right-To-Know Request Form. This form is available at the police department or on this website under Right-To-Know. All requests must be approved by the Chief of Police. Approved reports are generally available within one to two days of the request, however, the law does allow up to five business days for the department to respond to all requests.

What Is An Abandoned Vehicle And How Should I Report It?
A vehicle is considered abandoned when

  • The vehicle is physically inoperable and is left unattended on a highway or other public property for a period of more than 48 hours.
  • The vehicle has remained illegally on a highway or other private property for a period of more than 48 hours.
  • The vehicle is left unattended on or along a highway or other public property for more than 48 hours and does not bear all of the following: a valid registration plate, a current certificate of inspection, and an ascertainable vehicle identification number.
  • The vehicle has remained on private property without consent of the owner or person in control of the property for more than 24 hours. Abandoned vehicles can be reported to the police department’s non-emergency number at 215-328-8501.

What is a traffic citation and how do I respond?
A traffic citation is any citation written for a violation of the vehicle code. The more common traffic citations are issued for speeding, failure to yield, improper inspection, improper registration, or driver's license issues.

If you receive a traffic citation and you intend to plead guilty to the offense, you may simply follow the directions on the back of your copy of the citation and issue payment to the District Magistrate listed on the citation.

If you have misplaced the original citation and need additional information regarding the citation, you may contact the District Magistrate who has jurisdiction over the location where the offense occurred.

What is a non- traffic citation and how do I respond?
An individual might receive a non-traffic citation for such activity as Public Drunkenness, Disorderly Conduct, Violation of local ordinances, Violation of alcohol laws, and other minor offenses. Non-traffic citations are handled at the individual magistrate's offices. Locate the name of the magistrate on your citation.

How Do I Obtain A Criminal History Check?
Dublin Borough Police Department does not release nor perform Criminal History Checks for personal use or employment purposes. You may obtain this information by visiting the PA State Police website.

Is There Always Someone At The Police Station?
The Police Station is generally open and staffed from Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. If you need to meet a police officer at the station outside of those hours you can call the Bucks County Radio Non-Emergency Line at 215-328-8501. If you have an emergency always use 911.

How Do I Report A Crime, Accident, Or Make A Complaint?
Any incidents that are an emergency should be reported to 911. If you are unsure if it is an emergency still call 911. Non-Emergency incidents can be reported to the police via our nonemergency phone line at 215-328-8501 or in person at the police station at 119 Maple Ave., Dublin, PA 18917.

How Do I Obtain A Copy Of A Reportable Accident Report?
A reportable accident report can be obtained by going to:

Where Do I Send My Traffic Citation Or Non-Traffic Citation?
All citations issued in Dublin Borough, both Traffic and Non-Traffic, are handled through:
District Court 07-3-03
276 Tabor Rd., Ottsville, PA 18942 Phone: 610-847-5164

view in Dublin Borough
© 2018 Dublin Borough, 119 Maple Avenue / Dublin, Pa 18917 / 215-249-3310 / Fax: 215-249-9875